Need a Survey ?

John Johnstone, Keylocks’ director, is a Registered Valuer (RICS), and is licenced to undertake HomeBuyer Reports, Conditions Reports and more detailed Building Surveys. This is a valuable tool for any purchaser, helping to highlight any areas of the property that may require attention or repair.

HomeBuyer Report

HomeBuyer ReportThis is the most popular report for buyers and is most suitable for modern properties, or a standard older building in a reasonable condition. Homebuyer reports cover structural safety and highlights issues, including any aspects failing to conform to building regulations and potential damp problems through a ‘traffic light’ system of condition ratings.
This type of survey typically takes two to four hours to complete depending on the size of the property, giving an independent and expert view on the property’s value.The results will give advice on any defects that may affect the property’s value, as well as any remedial works or ongoing maintenance that may be required.


Building Survey

property surveyThis is a more detailed survey and is especially useful for older, larger or non-traditional properties e.g. Timber. This sort of survey can take up to a day to complete depending on the size of the property. A full-structural survey such as this provides a comprehensive report with a breakdown of the fabric and condition of the property, with detailed advice on necessary repairs and maintenance advice.Whilst the full-structural building survey is more expensive than the HomeBuyer’s survey, the main benefits include a thorough report that can end up paying for itself if a defect or issue is identified that allows for re-negotiation on the purchase price. If you would like to arrange for a survey then please contact us.

Arrange a property survey

If you are interested in having a property surveyed through Keylocks then please contact us for further information and one of our experienced members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

For more information on Home Surveys from the RICS, please go to: